You can use either lobster or crab meat. Lobster is, however, considered more tasty.
The lobster should be about half the weight of the rice employed. A little more than a pound of rice and half this weight of lobster should be enough for six people.
- Chop fine a stalk of celery, a sprig of parsley, one carrot, half an onion and a clove of garlic.
- Brown the vegetables in olive oil. When browned, add the lobster and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and turn over the lobster several times and when it has become red, pour over as much hot water as is necessary to cook the rice.
- After the water boils for a while, remove the lobster leaving the saucepan on the fire.
- Put half of the lobster aside, and grind the rest.
- Rub the ground meat through the sieve and put it back on the fire.
- In another saucepan melt some butter and put into it little by little the rice that has been washed and dried.
- Stir and add the broth from the first saucepan.
- When the rice is almost cooked add the lobster that you have put aside, or rather its meat extracted from the shells, take from the fire and pour over it the ground lobster and add some grated cheese.